Job Title: Keighley Cougars – First Team Physiotherapist
Department: Keighley Cougars Medical Department
Location: Cougar Park, Keighley (Training and Home Fixtures) Various locations for away fixtures
Contract: Fixed term (Part-time)
Reporting To: Head of Medical.
An exciting opportunity has become available at Keighley Cougars. As a club we value honesty, are united together and proud to promote inclusion. Being the professional sporting organisation of the town, we aim to inspire our local community and its people.
We are an ambitious professional rugby league club that currently plays in the RFL Betfred League One competition aspiring to progress both on and off the field.
Currently we are looking to strengthen our performance team by recruiting a physiotherapist to work within our existing Medical Department. Our aim is to provide first class medical care to the Keighley Cougars first team players.
The ideal candidate should have good communication and interpersonal skills to manage a squad of players in a rugby league team environment. You must be a qualified physiotherapist with experience, clinical knowledge and be able to demonstrate the ability to independently manage a professional team’s caseload.
- Fully qualified Physiotherapist with evidence working as a physiotherapist.
- Must be HCPC and CSP registered.
- Must possess or be willing to complete further qualifications such as IMMOFP.
- Have previous experience working in the sports sector or within a team, preferably rugby league or rugby union.
The First Team Physiotherapist will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of medical provision and have a specific focus on the rehabilitation of injured players.
- Assessment, triage and treatment of players.
- Assess, review, and manage all injuries to ensure the most appropriate treatments, investigations, and referrals are implemented in conjunction with the Head of Medical.
- Design and plan the management and rehabilitation of players alongside the Head of Performance so optimal progress is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate medical records are kept in line with club requirements and those of regulatory bodies.
- Take an active role in maintenance of standards and criteria set within the RFL audit.
- Provide regular feedback and injury updates to all department heads (Head Coach, Head of Medical, Head of Performance)
- Carry out all other reasonable duties as might be expected of the 1stTeam Physiotherapist.
- Attend Staff development days/sessions as deemed appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Head of Medical Services conduct player medicals for new/potential signings
- Professional, Respectful, Innovative, Dedicated, Enthusiastic (Cougars PRIDE)
- Create and develop a good working relationship with all staff and players.
- Liaise and work with the other Cougars staff to ensure the Medical Department is aligned with the Performance department and in accordance with the values and philosophy set out by the Head of Rugby.
The salary for the role is competitive and will be dependent on your skills, experience and current qualifications.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV together with a covering letter advising why you feel you are a suitable candidate for the role to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 13th December 2021 with interviews being conducted very soon after this date.
Start date would be on or around 3rd January 2022.
For further information on the roles, or to apply for one of the listed positions, please email General Manager Lisa Gill on firstname.lastname@example.org
By Joshua Chapman